Golootlo app – ad review!
Golootlo app is Karachi based app which offers thousands of discounts if you have app installed in your mobile. Golootlo app is powered by Union Pay. You can get all the discounts at;
- Grocery stores
- Different clothing brands
- Shoe brands
- Much more
All you have to do is install the app in your mobile and share the QR code at the time of shopping. You can always browse all discounts before shopping or eating.
Recently an ad was launched on advertising today via team sniper and Blitz advertising Pvt Ltd.
Here is the ad;
Nargis Fakhri is acting as brand ambassador in the video where she shops on different places on discounts.
Golootlo ad is shot in Turkey with great acts. Nargis Fakhri walking on the roads of Turkey and she sees an ad;
“Golootlo, 5000+ discounts across Pakistan”
She installs the app and she ends up in the market where numbers of brands of available. Then they show the chat option available in the app where you can chat with your freinds and family.
She eats at KFC and get discount via Golootlo app with QR code. After that she sees a saloon and books for herself. At the end she dates the guy who is available whereever she goes. He comes to her by using app location service.
As a Marketist I did not like the ad at all. Following are the key points where this ad fails;
- 1st of all this ad was made in Turkey showing Pakistani discounts.
- In turkey you do not pay with PKR currency.
- Many of the brands shown in ad may not even be available in Turkey.
- Another fail was the story connection. How can you end up dating using the shopping app?
- Direction was not worthy.
How could they make it better?
- It should have been shot in Pakistan.
- Pakistani currency should be valued.
- A better shopping story would have been a plus.